If I have an old version of FileUp, will it work on my new server?
Not necessarily. The first version of FileUp with an installer that works out-of-the box with Windows 2008 and above is FileUpSE version 5.4.0. Versions 5.1.1 through 5.3.3 can be run on Windows 2008 and above with some additional manual steps. Versions of FileUp prior to 5.1.1 do not support Windows Server 2008 and above. Aside from the installers, the dlls themselves prior to version 5.1.1 have not been tested on newer operating systems. For more information, see HOW-TO: Install FileUp on Windows Server 2008. The best option is to upgrade to the current version of FileUp.
Note: FileUpPE (Professional Edition) has not had a 5.4+ release so its installer does not work out of the box with Windows Server 2008 and above. The installer for FileUpPE must be used with the additional manual steps described in this KB article .
If I upgrade to the latest version, will my application work as-is?
Yes, but you need to make sure to configure it properly. The current version of FileUp is backwards compatible with code written against older versions of FileUp. The only important consideration is that the FileUp dlls are 32-bit, so if you are running your application on a 64-bit server, you must assign it to an application pool which is set to 32-bit mode. See How to Run FileUp on a 64-bit Windows Operating System.
How do I get the latest version of FileUp?
- If you have an active Annual Maintenance contract, upgrades are free. Log into the Support Site with the credentials associated with your FileUp order and go to the Product Updates page. The option to download the latest version should be available. If you have any difficulty, contact SoftArtisans.
- If you do not have an active Annual Maintenance contract, you have two options:
- Purchase Annual Maintenance for as many licenses of FileUp as you own. This may not be an option if your version of FileUp is too old. Contact us directly to inquire about the possilibility of adding Annual Maintenace to your existing order(s)
- Purchase an upgrade here. Make sure to reference your previous order number(s) in a note during the order process so that we can verify your previous purchase and give you the upgrade discount. It is recommended that you upgrade to FileUp WITH Annual Maintenance so that you will be entitled to free upgrades and technical support in the future. Purchase an upgrade for FileUpSE here. Purchase an upgrade for FileUpPE here.
How to I upgrade FileUp?
If you already ran an installer for a previous version of FileUp on your new server, make sure to uninstall it before running the new installer
For a classic ASP application, running the installer is all you need to do. Copy your application to the new server, configure it property as described above, and it should just work.
For an ASP.NET application, there are a few other steps:
- Copy the following dlls from the DOTNET directory in your FileUp program folder to the bin directory of your application: safileup.dll, SAprgres.dll and FileUpModule.dll
- Modify web.config with the correct version of HttpModule
- If your application is compiled, make sure to add references to the new dlls and recompile