FileManager is implemented in an ASP.NET application just as you might with any other COM component:
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET can create the interop assembly and place it in the application's bin directory for you, when you choose to add that COM component as a reference.
The instructions below assume Visual Studio .NET as your development environment. If you are not using Visual Studio .NET and would like to explore other options for creating an interop assembly, please see the .NET Framework SDK Documentation on this subject: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconimportingtypelibraryasassembly.asp Once the interop assembly is created, be sure to place it in either the bin or GAC directory and skip step 2 in the instructions below.
- The COM dll needs to be properly registered on the webserver.
- The COM type library needs to be wrapped in an interop assembly.
- This interop assembly needs to be placed in either the application's bin (or GAC) directory.
- Install FileManager on the webserver. For instructions for manual and automated installation, please see: http://support.softartisans.com/docs/FileManager/install_quick.htm
- In Visual Studio .NET, add a reference to your application to the "SoftArtisans FileManager 2.0 Type Library". (Project... Add Reference..."Com" tab).
- Instantiate FileManager in your code:
Dim oFM As New FILEMGRLib.FileManager()
- Access the methods and properties of FileManager in the usual way: