On Windows 2000, by default, SoftArtisans FileUp runs under the Interactive
user account. The Interactive user is the current logged on user. So,
if no one is logged on to the server, that is, when there is no Interactive
user, uploads will fail.
To enable uploads, regardless of whether a user is logged on to the server
or not, re-configure FileUp to run under a specific account, as follows.
- Open Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Component Services
- Within the left frame, open Console Root / Component Services / Computers
/ My Computer/COM+ Applications
- Right-click FileUp and select Properties
- Select the Activation tab
- Change the activation type from Library application to Server application
- Select the Identity tab
- Change the account from Interactive user to “This user:” and browse
to select a user
- Enter and confirm password and click OK.