Am I entitled to a free upgrade?
- If you have an active Annual Maintenance contract, you are entitled to free major and minor upgrades.
- If you don't have an Annual Maintenance contract, you are only entitled to minor upgrades.
- If your Annual Maintenance contract has expired and you wish to renew it, you may do so on our website (make sure the quantity matches the number of FileUp licenses you own) or by contacting Sales.
If not, how do I purchase an upgrade?
You can purchase upgrades on our website. If we are able verify that you own licenses of a previous version of FileUp, you will receive an upgrade discount. We recommend purchasing Annual Maintenance with your upgrade so you will be entitled to technical support and free upgrades in the future. You can see the upgrade options here:
While purchasing the upgrade, enter the information about your previous order so that we can process your discount.
How do I download the new installation kit?
- If you are purchasing an upgrade now, you will be given an opportunity to download the installation kit right away.
- If you have an Active Annual Maintenance contract or if you placed an upgrade order previously, go to our support site and log in with the credentials in the confirmation message from your order.
- Important: Any user can create an account on our support site for submitting support incidents or posting on our forum. However, for software downloads each order is associated with only a single account, the "main contact". In order to download software updates, the user must be logged into our website with the credentials of the main contact. Someone in your company should have a confirmation email message from your original order, which contains a user ID and password. It is up to each customer to decide whether they want to share these credentials internally or have only the main contact download all software updates.
- If you don't know who the main contact is or can't find the order confirmation message, contact us with as much information as possible about the original order and we will look it up for you.
- If the main contact is no longer with your company, let us know who the new main contact should be and we will transfer the orders.
- Once you are logged in, click on Product Updates in the left navigation bar.
- You should see dropdown lists of all the products you are entitled to download. Select the latest version and click "download".
How to I install the new version?
- On each server you want to upgrade, first uninstall the previous version of FileUp from Add/Remove programs.
- Run the new installer.
- Reset IIS by typing iisreset at the command prompt. (The installer should have already done this but it doesn't hurt)
- If all your applications are classic ASP, you are all set. The applications will now be using the new version that has been registered on the server.
- If you have ASP.NET applications that use FileUp, you also need to do the following: