Re: Redirect User in Code Behind of ASP.Net page

Thread Starter: InfiniEdge   Started: 12-18-2005 12:37 PM   Replies: 3
  18 Dec 2005, 12:37 PM
InfiniEdge is not online. Last active: 10/10/2006 9:09:23 AM InfiniEdge

Not Ranked
Joined on 12-18-2005
Posts 1
Redirect User in Code Behind of ASP.Net page
I'm using the professional version of XFile and FileUp.  I have the upload process working correctly.  But I'm having problems when I attempt to redirect the user upon completion of the upload.  If I attempt to redirect the user the url in the browser does not change from the page with the upload control on it.  The actual page is displayed except the images of the page are displayed with an X on it.  I ran the httpmodule example on your page http://support.softartisans.com/kbview.aspx?ID=897 and the same issue arises.  I was wondering if there is a  solution to this problem that doesn't use client side scripting.

Thanks

Scott Morin

21 Dec 2005, 7:47 PM
Aviva is not online. Last active: 6/3/2014 3:12:43 PM Aviva

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-15-2004
Posts 311

SoftArtisans Technical Services

Support team
XFile recieves the response but does not automatically load it into the browser.  

See this knowledge base article:
http://support.softartisans.com/kbview.aspx?ID=637

XFile also does not parse the response and make additional requests for resources such as images, which is why you are seeing image placeholders.

I think currently you need to use a bit of client-side script in conjunction with your server-side code in order to accomplish what you are trying to do.   We can add a feature request to have XFile automatically load a new page into the browser if it receives a redirect status code in the response.  Is that what you have in mind?

Best regards,

Aviva

13 Jan 2006, 12:04 AM
SJMorin is not online. Last active: 12/4/2009 9:29:26 AM SJMorin

Not Ranked
Joined on 10-26-2005
Posts 2
Aviva,

Thanks for your reply.  I think having XFile automatically redirect to another page if it receives such as request would be a great addition.  Can you tell me if this is a feature that will be included in the next release?  If so when can I expect it?

Thanks

Scott Morin

19 Jan 2006, 11:41 AM
Aviva is not online. Last active: 6/3/2014 3:12:43 PM Aviva

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-15-2004
Posts 311

SoftArtisans Technical Services

Support team
The feature request has been submitted to Development, but we don't yet have an estimated timeframe for when it will be added.

I do want to point out that with the current version, while the address bar won't change, you can get all the images to display by assigning the response to the InnerHTML property of a DIV or SPAN tag.  Then the browser will make the additional requests for the images.

Best regards,

Aviva

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
SoftArtisans Forums » SoftArtisans Products » FileUp » Re: Redirect User in Code Behind of ASP.Net page